Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a superhero film released in 2014. It is the twelfth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the second film to feature Captain America. It was directed by Anthony and Joe Russo.
Nearly seventy years after he supposedly plunged to his death, James "Bucky" Barnes miraculously survived his fall, after landing in a stream and being frozen. He is discovered by a Russian businessman and former military officer named Aleksander Lukin, who comments that he has "big plans" for him.
In the aftermath of the Battle of Manhattan, Steve Rogers decides to become a full-time field operative for SHIELD. Director Nick Fury and Deputy Director Maria Hill, as well as fellow Avenger and SHIELD operative Natasha Romanoff are giving Rogers a proper tour of SHIELD Central Command in New York. While here, Rogers becomes aquainted with espionage agent Jimmy Woo (a former apprentice of Romanoff) as well as his own former war comrades Timothy "Dum Dum" Dugan (who now serves as SHIELD's Chief of Operations) and Gabriel Jones (who acts as Dugan's deputy) who are both now in their seventies. Also, Rogers meets Agent Sharon Carter, the niece of Peggy Carter, his love interest from World War II.
- Chris Evans as Captain America / Steve Rogers
- Hayley Atwell as Sharon Carter
- Sebastian Stan as The Winter Soldier / James "Bucky" Barnes
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon
- Frank Grillo as Crossbones / Brock Rumlow
- Liam Neeson as Aleksander Lukin
- Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow / Natasha Romanoff
- Billy Dee Williams as Gabriel Jones
- John Cho as Jimmy Woo
- Sam Elloitt as Timothy "Dum Dum" Dugan