Iron Man: Dark Reign (also known as "Iron Man 4") is an upcoming superhero film and the fourth film in the Iron Man film series, being the sequel to 2008's Iron Man, 2010's Iron Man 2, and 2013's Iron Man 3. It will be released in February of 2017. It is designed as the follow-up to Captain America: Civil War and the prelude to Avengers: Infinity War.
Following the events of Captain America: Civil War, most of the Avengers have gone off-radar, and the government-approved Avengers is pretty much empty. The United Nations finally agrees on a governing body for the Avengers in the form of H.A.M.M.E.R., a spiritual successor to S.H.I.E.L.D. Tony Stark is initially offered the role of director of H.A.M.M.E.R., however he is denied the position due to his rogue actions in the conflict between him and Captain America. Instead the role is given to Norman Osborn, the founder and CEO of OsCorp. Tony soon becomes suspicious of Osborn after talking with Peter Parker, and eventually Osborn begins recruiting a new Avengers consisting of criminals and other villains disguising as superheroes.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Don Cheadle as Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes/War Machine
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Ronda Rousey as Carol Danvers
- John Bernthal as Frank Castle/Punisher
- Tom Hardy as Norman Osborn/Iron Patriot/Green Goblin
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Austin Nichols as Parker Robbins/Hood
- Jason Statham as Lester/Bullseye
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym