- The film's official tag-line
The Avengers 2 is a 2015 sequel to the film, The Avengers. It is the final film of phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The main villains are Thanos, the Chitauri, and Aldrich Killian.
Aldrich Killian, having actually survived the events of Iron Man 3, is confronted by a mysterious man about getting revenge on Tony Stark. Killian accepts, and the mysterious man reveals himself as an alien named Thanos. A week later, Asgard is attacked by the Chitauri. Odin is killed in the attack, and Thor swears revenge on whoever sent the Chitauri. Thor leaves Asgard, saying he will not return until he has avenged Odin. He goes to SHIELD for help. Nick Fury, shocked about the Chitauri returning, tells Thor he will help him. More to be added.
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Hulk
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor Odinson
- Hugh Jackman as James Howlett/ogan/Wolverine
- Scarlett Johanson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Mike Vogel as Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver
- Emily Blunt as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Damion Poitier as Thanos
- Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian/The Mandarin
Additionally, Stan Lee gets a cameo and Mark Strong appears as a mysterious shadowy figure in a post-credits scene.