The Invincible Iron Man is a 2018 superhero film that is the third installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Reloaded, and the first to feature Iron Man.
The film opens with a documentary-style newsreel detailing Howard Stark's founding of Stark Industries, and how, ever since his son, Tony, took over the company, it has become not just the U.S. military's number-one weapons contractor, but one of the forefront companies on the entire planet. It then cuts to U.S. Air Force General Thaddeus Ross being interviewed about how he feels that Tony has revolutionized the weapon industry, and that they had just ordered several hundred of the company's new "Callisto" missiles.
The scene shifts to Tony and his best friend, Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes, who also serves as the U.S. military's liaison to Stark Industries, at the airport boarding Tony's private jet. Rhodey is discussing the logistics of the demonstration that Tony was going to attend, as well as how excited General Ross was to see the Callisto in action. According to Rhodey, the demonstration will take place at a base in Afghanistan, and will be the first of several other demonstrations as well.
- Jack Huston as Iron Man / Tony Stark
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Virginia "Pepper" Potts
- Paterson Joseph as Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes
- Mark Sheppard as Harold "Happy" Hogan
- Jeffery Combs as Howard Stark
- Radha Mitchell as Maria Stark
- Peter Stormare as Boris Bullski
- Jason Momoa as Anton Vanko / Anthony Vance
- B.D. Wong as Dr. Chen Lu
- George Takei as Professor Ho Yinsen
- Timothy Dalton as Edwin Jarvis
- Gal Gadot as Agent Maria Hill
- John Barrowman as Agent Clayton Stillwell
- Harrison Ford as Nick Fury
Bryan Cranston portrays Obadiah Stane in the mid-credits scene. Lance Henriksen also has a cameo as General Thaddeus Ross.